Are you looking for that next career opportunity? Sapers & Wallack, for over 80 years a leading independent, full-service financial and insurance advisory firm, with a positive and client centered culture, is looking to make key hires as we continue to expand and solidify our reputation as the leading financial and benefits advisor to businesses and high net worth individuals in the New England Market.
The professionals on our team are not just people sitting at a desk. They are part of our family. Our employees embrace a number of commonly shared values: collaboration, accountability, customer focus, a bias toward actions and results, entrepreneurial spirit and, at all times, the highest ethical standards. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to exhibit in their role. In our view, fostering a culture that embodies these values will lead to success and growth for our employees and our business.
The Managing Director of the Executive Benefits & Insurance division manages a department that specializes in supporting the design, funding and administration of employer sponsored non-qualified benefit plans. In addition, this individual manages all individual life product proposals, as well as procedures for monitoring existing policies for anniversary reviews and client service. In all cases the efforts – marketing and otherwise are to give first class service and create ways to do more business from our existing book.
Prepare proposals for new and existing clients:
- Insurance product and carrier due diligence
- Benefit plan performance analysis
- Monitor Split Dollar policies
- Assist with presentations to prospects and clients
Provide client service support:
- Plan invoicing and administration fees
- Support new participant enrollment meetings
- Annual plan review
- Provide options for terminated plan participants
- Death claims
- Policy changes
- Annual policy monitoring and in force reprojections
- Understand product differences and be able to train and communicate to office and corporate clients
- Create ideas and implement marketing efforts to increase our business from existing clients and centers of influence.
- Manage BP&A team, including Director, Underwriting Advocacy
- As part of the management team also look for cross sell opportunities
In-depth product knowledge:
- Individual client proposals
- COLI product and underwriting
- Term policy conversions
- Replacement of existing permanent policies
- Commissions spreadsheet calculations
Bachelor degree required. In-depth knowledge of insurance products and advanced sales concepts, such as Bonus Plans, Split Dollar Plans, SERPS and Deferrals. Requires strong communication, influence and leadership abilities, excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Team player. Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
The Client Relationship Manager will be part of a service team responsible for the overall satisfaction of our retirement plan clients. The CRM will work closely with the Vice President of Retirement in managing our retirement plan consulting relationships. The Retirement Plan Division of the firm provides fiduciary governance, investment due diligence, cost benchmarking and participant education services. Our client company locations are predominantly located in the Greater New England area.
- Assist in the retention, servicing, and success of our retirement plan advisory clients
- Field plan sponsor and participant phone inquiries and provide follow up when necessary
- Attend and participate in client meetings and sales meetings with V.P. of Retirement
- Draft client meeting minutes template for meetings attended
- Coordinate provider and participant educational calendar for group meetings and client one on ones
- Manage and provide schedule of retirement team projects, including regularly scheduled client meetings, plan record keeper request for proposals and new business request for proposals
- Manage the day to day relationships of current clients as directed by the V.P. of Retirement
- Project Manage new client implementations and current client plan record keeper conversions
- Manage and oversee quarterly billing process
- Data entry into Salesforce
- Learn other lines of business offered at Sapers & Wallack and effectively communicate and cross-sell opportunities with new and current clients
- Aid in find and bringing in new clients
- Assist with sales RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- NASD Series 6 or7 & 63 and Series 65 or 66 preferred
- Strong interpersonal, client facing skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat & Salesforce experience a plus
- 3-5+ years relevant work experience
- Plan Design consulting experience and retirement plan experience a plus
- Overall investment and industry knowledge
- Experience giving group presentations
- Client management experience
- Sales experience
We are seeking an established sales professional to generate qualified prospects/leads from his/her own professional network in a related or complementary business field and through ongoing networking with centers of influence and third party professionals for the following areas of our firm:
- Retirement Planning
- Executive Benefits
- Corporate Continuation Planning
- Charitable concepts;
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance; Wealth management and investment services
- Risk Mitigation/Protection
Key Responsibilities and Desired Attributes:
- Establish and execute prospecting and sales strategies that results in shepherding prospects through the sales process in collaboration with the management team;
- Become knowledgeable about our business areas to speak intelligently about them and identify new business opportunities;
- Be a results-driven and self-starter willing to take ownership of the job and motivated to achieve success;
- Be an experienced networker with a deep, developed network throughout the Greater Boston business community and the willingness to expand this network through event attendance and active participation in industry associations or other organizations relevant to our target audience;
- Be a team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and face-to-face relationship building abilities, along with a high degree of self-confidence;
- Possess consistently proven and demonstrated experience in developing and deploying strategies that have resulted in the attainment of sales goals, along with proven prospecting and closing skills;
- Possess an undergraduate degree;
- Possess the required FINRA securities licenses and MA life and health licenses or acquire them within 90 days of hire; and
- The following licenses and credentials are not required but are a plus: MBA, CFP®, CPA, CLU, Series 7.
- A strong base salary with an aggressive un-capped incentive compensation plan;
- Industry leading health and dental plans with generous employer contributions; and
- A generous paid-time off allowance.
- Employer Contributions to Profit Sharing Plan.
Kindly email a cover letter and resume to Aviva Sapers, CEO at email@example.com for immediate consideration.