Are you looking for that next career opportunity? Sapers & Wallack, for over 80 years a leading independent, full-service financial and insurance advisory firm, with a positive and client centered culture, is looking to make key hires as we continue to expand and solidify our reputation as the leading financial and benefits advisor to businesses and high net worth individuals in the New England Market.
The professionals on our team are not just people sitting at a desk. They are part of our family. Our employees embrace a number of commonly shared values: collaboration, accountability, customer focus, a bias toward actions and results, entrepreneurial spirit and, at all times, the highest ethical standards. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to exhibit in their role. In our view, fostering a culture that embodies these values will lead to success and growth for our employees and our business.
We’re looking for a motivated, organized, sales-oriented individual to provide client management, service and sales support. The ideal candidate must be a self starting,
goal-oriented individual who is capable of working on his or her own with limited supervision and the ability to recognize and meet critical deadlines. This individual must also have the ability to work collectively with other members of the agency as a team player.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years’ experience in the group medical insurance market and be able to interact effectively with HR Managers and CFO’s. Good problem-solving and project management skills are required as well as the ability to manage high stress situations.
- Provide a high level of quality service, professionalism and commitment to a group of clients and act as liaison between the client and service providers
- Review contracts, documents and deliverables for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare marketing proposals and administer/implement new client installations and renewals
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care claims and utilization data from vendors/ insurance carriers for reporting to the client, including cost projections and evaluation of renewals
- Coordinate the Request For Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client, including collecting and analyzing responses from insurance carriers
- Interface with internal and external contacts in an informed and proactive manner.
- The expectation of pursuing CEBS or CLU designations
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline
- 3-5+ years’ experience in the group medical insurance market
- Be comfortable requesting referrals for new business from existing clients and participate in networking events to develop new business leads
- Robust communication skills and the ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing including the ability to draft, proof, and construct professional documents and correspondence using contemporary business standards
- Strong analytical, mathematical, writing and editing skills with the ability to analyze data, interpret findings and effectively communicate (in both oral and written forms) across multiple levels and audiences
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time and adaptability to changing priorities to meet demands of the business
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Current Life & Health MA broker license. If not already licensed this requirement must be successfully fulfilled within the first 6 months of employment
The primary role of the Sales Consultant/Business Development Associate is to generate new business revenue in our target markets throughout New England. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Participate in the development of a business plan to identify annual sales objectives
- Establish both overall market and specific prospect strategies
- Learn all areas of our business to be able to uncover opportunities across areas
- Develop and execute on sales strategies to generate new business
- Ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Leverage our full wholistic financial services approach to increase client base and cross sell
- Results-driven self-starter willing to take ownership of the job and willing to work hard to achieve success
- Individual who possesses strong values, integrity and strong work ethic
- Team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and face-to-face relationship building abilities, along with a high degree of self-confidence
- Demonstrated experience in communicating both written and orally with clients
- Strong track record in generating sales and a broad background in some or all of the following:
- group benefits
- life insurance and retirement products
- general investments matters
- applicable tax and estate planning issues.
- Proven and demonstrated experience in developing and deploying strategies to maintain client relationships and increase sales, along with proven prospecting and closing skills.
- A four-year college degree is preferred and relevant professional FINRA securities and Massachusetts life and health licenses are a plus
- Not required but a plus: MBA, JD, CFP, CPA, ChFC
- MA Life and Health license will be required to be completed within first 3 months of hire if not already licensed
Contact Name: Evan Macedo Email: email@example.com
Please email a cover letter and resume to Evan Macedo.