Are you looking for that next career opportunity? Sapers & Wallack, for over 80 years a leading independent, full-service financial and insurance advisory firm, with a positive and client centered culture, is looking to make key hires as we continue to expand and solidify our reputation as the leading financial and benefits advisor to businesses and high net worth individuals in the New England Market.
The professionals on our team are not just people sitting at a desk. They are part of our family. Our employees embrace a number of commonly shared values: collaboration, accountability, customer focus, a bias toward actions and results, entrepreneurial spirit and, at all times, the highest ethical standards. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to exhibit in their role. In our view, fostering a culture that embodies these values will lead to success and growth for our employees and our business.
The Retirement Relationship Manager will be part of a service team responsible for the overall satisfaction of our retirement plan clients. The RM will work closely with the Vice President and Director of Retirement in managing our retirement plan consulting relationships. On our team the RM will be mainly responsible for the coordination of client education programs and assist in the development and delivery. The Retirement Plan Division of the firm provides fiduciary governance, investment due diligence, cost benchmarking and participant education services. Our client company locations are predominantly located in the Greater New England area.
- Assist in the retention, servicing, and success of our retirement plan advisory clients
- Field plan sponsor and participant phone inquiries and provide follow up when necessary
- Coordinate annual participant educational calendar for group meetings and firm one on ones
- Develop, & Deliver new Retirement Education Presentations
- Attend and participate in client meetings and sales meetings with V.P. of Retirement
- Draft client meeting minutes template for meetings attended
- Manage the day to day relationships of current clients as directed by the V.P. of Retirement
- Data entry into Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree required
- NASD Series 6 or 7 & 63 and Series 65 or 66 preferred
- CFP preferred
- Strong interpersonal, client facing skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat & Salesforce experience a plus
- 5 – 8+ years relevant work experience
- Experience giving group presentations
- Client relationship management experience
- Sales experience
We are seeking an established sales professional to generate qualified prospects/leads from his/her own professional network in a related or complementary business field and through ongoing networking with centers of influence and third party professionals for the following areas of our firm:
- Retirement Planning
- Executive Benefits
- Corporate Continuation Planning
- Charitable concepts;
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance; Wealth management and investment services
- Risk Mitigation/Protection
Key Responsibilities and Desired Attributes:
- Establish and execute prospecting and sales strategies that results in shepherding prospects through the sales process in collaboration with the management team;
- Become knowledgeable about our business areas to speak intelligently about them and identify new business opportunities;
- Be a results-driven and self-starter willing to take ownership of the job and motivated to achieve success;
- Be an experienced networker with a deep, developed network throughout the Greater Boston business community and the willingness to expand this network through event attendance and active participation in industry associations or other organizations relevant to our target audience;
- Be a team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and face-to-face relationship building abilities, along with a high degree of self-confidence;
- Possess consistently proven and demonstrated experience in developing and deploying strategies that have resulted in the attainment of sales goals, along with proven prospecting and closing skills;
- Possess an undergraduate degree;
- Possess the required FINRA securities licenses and MA life and health licenses or acquire them within 90 days of hire; and
- The following licenses and credentials are not required but are a plus: MBA, CFP®, CPA, CLU, Series 7.
- A strong base salary with an aggressive un-capped incentive compensation plan;
- Industry leading health and dental plans with generous employer contributions; and
- A generous paid-time off allowance.
- Employer Contributions to Profit Sharing Plan.
Kindly email a cover letter and resume to Aviva Sapers, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.