Please hover over each of our resources to learn more about the content.
Resources for Advisors
- AALU: Breathing New Life into Old Trusts
Case study about the opportunity trust decanting provides to modify irrevocable trusts.
- AALU: Gift Disclosure Memo
Cautionary Tale on Failure to Adequately Disclose a Gift
- AALU: Changing the Situs of an Irrevocable Trust
New life can be given to old trusts by moving to a jurisdiction with more robust trust laws (a so-called “situs change”).
- AALU: Avoiding 5 Common Mistakes in Life Insurance Planning
Advising on product selection and identifying common trouble spots in the development of a life insurance plan can offer advisors significant opportunities to provide value to their clients.
- AALU: The Risk of Proprietary Life Insurance Products
Are proprietary life insurance products the perfect fit for many clients? This whitepaper takes a look at the involved risks.
- AALU: Estate Freeze Series - Installment Sales to Grantor Trusts
Estate freeze techniques like installment sales to grantor trusts continue to play a key role in legacy planning.
- AALU: Estate Freeze Series - Zeroed-Out GRATs
Zero-gift planning techniques continue to be important in legacy planning.
- AALU: Change Life Insurance Beneficiaries Post-Divorce
Proper legacy management requires updating life insurance beneficiary designations following divorce.
- Understanding Recent COI Increases
White paper highlighting some common reasons causing increase of COI Charges.
- AALU: Malpractice Suit Against Trustees
The discussed case highlights some advantages of a professional corporate trustee
Resources for Employers
- AALU: Trust Advisor Powers
An article discussing whether Trust Advisors being Fiduciaries really matters.
- Case Study: Oxfam - Customized Executive Benefit Solution
Case Study: Oxfam - Customized Executive Benefit Solution
- Form 1095 Distribution Deadline Alert
Alert outlining a 30-Day Extension for Furnishing Forms 1095 and Extends Good Faith Transition Relief provided by the IRS.
Resources for Individuals
- Market Commentary: The Market Plot Takes a New Twist
Economic Outlook for Q2 2018 indicating that the economic fundamentals that drive the stock market appear stable.
- Market Commentary Q1: A New Phase for Equities
SEI's Econimic Outlook for Q1 2018
- Market Commentary Q4: Dancing Days
SEI commentary showing that 2017 was another good year for the global economy and financial markets.
- Market Commentary Q3: (Almost) Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
SEI comments on the recent developments in the US economy.
- Market Commentary Q2: Dancing to a Song with a Bad Beat
SEI comments on the recent developments in the US economy, discussing the option of a major tax bill being pushed through congress among other topics.
- Investment Fundamentals: Who Wins and Who Loses When the Fed Raises Rates?
This commentary talks about the winners and loses when the fed raises interest rates.