Please hover over each of our resources to learn more about the content.
Resources for Advisors
- AALU: Charitable Giving Approaches Using Life Insurance
The report features different approaches using life insurance for charitable giving
- AALU: Crummey Powers Instrumental in Funding Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
Get a complete primer on Crummey Powers and how they fund irrevocable life insurance trusts
- AALU: Understand the Transfer for Value Rule
The report provides a complete primer on the transfer for value rule and its impact on life insurance and benefits
- AALU: Death Benefit Only Plans
Learn why death benefit only plans can be an appealing way to attract or retain selected key employees
- AALU: Spousal Lifetime Access Trust
The report discusses the benefits and potential risks of a spousal lifetime access trust
- AALU: 1035 Exchanges of Life Insurance Policies
Learn how to add value to your clients by periodically reviewing the sufficiency of a client’s coverage, identifying opportunities for exchanges to acquire better or more cost-effective insurance products, and understanding the technical nuances of exchange implementation in order to effect a compliant 1035 exchange
Resources for Employers
- Form 1095 Distribution Deadline Alert
Alert outlining a 30-Day Extension for Furnishing Forms 1095 and Extends Good Faith Transition Relief provided by the IRS.
- ACA Post-2016 Election
Report about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) following the election of Donald Trump.
- Table 1 Costs Overview 2016
Our Table I costs overview provides in-depth explanations about all aspects of taxable income as part of Group Life Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance Table 1 Costs
Table I with an overview of the rates established by the IRS for Group Term Life Insurance to report as income to the employee in their taxable wages.
- Medicare Part D Credibility Notice
Medicare Part D notices of creditable coverage
- Retirement Newsletter June 2015: Target-Date Funds
The Retirement Report discusses: The Most Important Assumption Regarding Target-Date Funds Current Stresses Eclipse Retirement Planning for Working Millennials Best Practices in Hardship Distributions Company Stock and Fiduciary Considerations
- Retirement Newsletter May 2015: Socially Responsible Funds
The Retirement Report discusses: Active Managers Can Add Value Women: Financially Stressed but Open to Solutions But He's My Brother-in-Law! Socially Responsible Funds - Think Green? No. Think Red!
- Retirement Newsletter April 2015: Budget Proposals Retirement Goals
This Retirement Report discusses: 2016 Budget Proposals Support Retirement Goals Timing is Everything Content and Frequency of Retirement Committee Meetings Are you ready for an Audit?
- Retirement Newsletter February 2015: Employee Communications Strategies
The Retirement Report discusses: Is the Oil Price Decline Beneficial to the U.S. Economy? The Hopes, Fears and Reality of Retirement Preparing for a Partial Plan Termination Employee Communication Strategies for All Seasons
- Retirement Newsletter January 2015: Is Your Fiduciary House in Order?
The Retirement Report covers: Qualified Plan Governance: Is Your Fiduciary House in Order? Top Five New Year's Resolutions for Retirement Plan Fiduciaries Solutions for a Stressed-Out Nation Improper Handling of Hardship Distributions May Result in Significant Problems
- Retirement Newsletter December 2014: Transitioning Providers
This Retirement Report discusses: Weathering All Market Conditions What To Expect When Transitioning Providers Index Funds: More Than Meets the Eye
Resources for Individuals
- Market Commentary Q3 2016: Pullback in Price of Riskier Assets Should be Limited
The commentary includes a review of US and China's movement in preparation of Brexit, historic low rates, the comeback of value stocks
- Video: Retirement Savings
How do you maximize your benefits and why is it important to start early?
- Video: Long Term Disability Coverage
What are your your options when it comes to long term disability insurance?
- Video: Long Term Care Insurance
What is Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance, what does it cover and why do people need it?
- Video: Intelligent Charitable Giving
How can you give more money to those organizations in need of help?
- Webinar: Long Term Care
We cover important questions: Do you need LTC? What does it cover? What are the costs?
- Webinar: Overlooked Financial Details in Today's Households
Learn about 15 “nuggets” to shore up your financial situation, such as checking on benefits at work, getting more life insurance, understanding your investments better, and putting an estate plan in place.
- Market Commentary Brexit: Britain Votes Leave
The commentary includes a first reaction to Brexit and the suggestion to take a diversified approach for investors
- Market Commentary June 2016: The Intelligent Pursuit of Risk
The commentary explains how a prudent balance can set the stage for attractive returns in rising markets and limited losses during downturns.
- Sapers & Wallack eMoney Client Portal
Get started with our eMoney Client Portal or see where you stand
- eMoney Vault Checklist
Take a look at the eMoney Vault checklist
- Economic Recap Q1 2016: Important Factors and Events Shaping US Economy
The economic recap comments on the unlikeliness of a global recession, the still expansionary central-bank policy-even in the U.S. and talk about the expectation of growth to grind higher, led by advanced and commodity-consuming emerging markets
- Market Commentary March 2016: Presidential Elections and the Stock Market
The commentary discusses if the presidential election affects the U.S. stock market
- Market Commentary January 2016: New Year - Off to a Rocky Start
The commentary focusses on the rocky start of the market with falling equity markets and further declines in the oil price
- Economic Outlook Q4 2015: The Ongoing Challenges for Investors
The outlook takes important facts and events into consideration and speculates about the economic growth
- Market Commentary December 2015: We have Lift-Off
The commentary gives a concise breakdown of the Federal Funds rate increase timeline
- Investment Fundamentals December 2015: Federal Funds Rate
Get a concise overview of federal fund's rate
- Life Insurance Basics
A handy report about basics and differences between various life insurance product options.
- State Minimum Assets Chart for Nursing-Home Residents
This handy chart shows the minimum assets and income the each state allows nursing-home residents and their spouses to keep
- LTC: Tools & Calculators to Identify Financial Exposure
Tools and calculators designed to help identify gaps in your protection
- The Eldercare Dictionary
A comprehensive dictionary which explains all of the specific terms used in eldercare
- Long Term Care Planning Options
Chart with an overview of LTC alternatives
- Today's Long-Term Care Coverage: Understanding the Fine Print
A concise guide from NFP to understand the fine print of LTC insurance contracts
- A shoppers guide to LTC Insurance (NAIC)
This guide answers many LTC insurance questions and provides worksheets and a glossary
- Market Commentary Q3 2015: Heightened Volatility
The commentary looks at how the progression of monetary policy during the third quarter was influenced by capital- and commodity-market volatility, originating with China’s domestically-focused mainland exchanges
- Market Commentary July 2015: China
The commentary discusses the steep crash in China’s domestic stock markets
- Market Outlook Q2 2015: Volatility and Surprising Countertrend Movements
The outlook focusses on volatility and surprising countertrend movements — ranging from German bunds to Chinese equities, currencies to the price of oil are important topics for investors
- Market Outlook Q1 2015: A Look at European Bonds
This economic outlook focusses on: The U.S. bull market appears to be intact and and any correlation associated with the start of an interest-rate up-cycle is expected to be limited. The European Central Bank's sovereign bond purchasing program is a much larger initiative in terms of net new supply than programs put in place by other central banks since the crisis. Nearly $1.5 trillion of European bonds are trading with a negative yield-to-maturity. In Germany, negative yields extend out to seven years.
- Market Commentary Q4 2014: Major Central Bank Policy Shifts
The commentary includes considerations about policy shifts of major central banks to provide clarity on future changes, equity and fixed-income performance that varied widely across sectors and currencies, weak energy prices functioning as a differentiating factor within asset classes