Affordable Care Act and Mass. Sick Leave Lunch Seminar
Change is coming! Will it affect you and your company? Join us on June 11 at Waltham Woods to hear two experts on the Affordable Care Act explain how new policies will affect your employee health care plans.
Registration opens at 11:15 am
- You will be required to report your compliance to the IRS via Form 1094-C on employer shared responsibility provisions, including type of health care coverage offered to employees in 2015. Employers filing more than 250 Forms are required to file electronically.
- You must also provide Form 1095-C statements to all employees no later than January 31, 2016 so each employee can comply with the individual mandate requirements when filing federal income taxes.
- Beginning in 2018, the “Cadillac Tax” — an excise tax of 40% — will be assessed on health plan coverage that exceeds a certain annual cost ($10,200 for individuals and $27,500 for self and spouse or family coverage).
- Effective July 1, 2015 you will be required to offer up to 40 hours of paid sick time per calendar year. Businesses with fewer than 11 employees will be required to offer up to 40 hours of unpaid time each calendar year. Final regulations will be announced in June.
Our Expert Speakers:
- Deirdre Savage, Senior Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Matthew Cullinan, District Manager, Paylocity