Sapers & Wallack is a comprehensive independent financial service firm. Our offerings include: wealth management, retirement plan, employee benefits and insurance advisory services and we have been delivering creative and customized solutions since 1932. With 100 years of experience and stability, large corporations, non-profits, venture-backed and private equity portfolio companies, family-owned businesses and individuals alike appreciate the company’s ability to deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions through a thoughtful, customized consultative approach. Now stewarded by the third generation, Aviva Sapers, this growing, woman led financial services firm is looking to expand their reputation as the leading financial and benefits advisor to businesses and high net worth individuals in New England and beyond!
Purpose of Retirement Plan Division:
The Retirement Plan Division of the firm provides Comprehensive Plan Design, Fiduciary Investment Reviews, Fee Benchmarking, Fiduciary Governance, ERISA Consulting, Participant Communication and Education.
Purpose of this Role:
The Retirement Plan Consultant will be part of a service team responsible for the overall satisfaction of our retirement plan clients and will work closely with the Vice President of Retirement in managing a piece of our book consisting of 15 – 25 retirement plan consulting relationships.
The role of the consultant is to work with the client in establishing goals and helping them achieve their goals. Once goals are established, the consultant will work with internal and external partners to create a program designed to meet those goals while remaining in compliance with governmental requirements.
Consult on cases through establishing and maintaining a leadership role in the relationship including (but not limited to):
- Providing expertise on industry leading practices and where innovation can meet the goals of the plan as outlined by the client
- Organizing, structuring and running Investment Committee meetings
- Committee Charter
- Committee member best practices
- Minutes and records management
- Investment Policy Statement adherence
- New member orientation
- Vendor management
- Billing and collection of quarterly retirement planning advisory fees
- Act as a Client and Participant advocate
- Work with the client to maintain proper documentation (Plan Document, IPS, Loan Policy, etc.)
- Deliver Annual, Semi-Annual, Quarterly and Monthly reporting as necessary
- Create and implement an internal-use client business plan for each client
Act as a source of retirement plan knowledge
- Compliance lead consultant internal team and clients
- Peer review deliverable items for technical accuracy
- Answer inquiries from our wealth management practice on retirement plan inquires
Assist in project management for due diligence, price negotiation and vendor replacement
- Timeline creation and adherence
- Determination of search process and depth based on client needs
- Request for information
- Request for proposal
- Finals presentations
- Site visits
- Final negotiations, vendor selection and oversight of implementation
Communication and Education Services
- Work with client to create a full Education Program
- Coordinate with Service Provider
- Present Group and One on One meetings and consultation sessions
Collaborate with and support the other practice areas of Sapers & Wallack
- Meet to discuss client business plan and goals
- Prepare for investment committee meetings
- Support creation and delivery of reporting
- Provide answers to retirement related questions or research answers as necessary
– Batchelor’s degree required
– NASD Series 6 or 7 & 63 and Series 65 or 66 preferred
– Strong interpersonal, client facing skills
– Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
– Ability to collaborate with a team as well as able to work independently
– Proficient in Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat & Salesforce experience a plus
– 3 – 5+ years relevant retirement industry work experienc
– RPAG experience preferred
– Retirement Plan, Plan Document and Plan Design experience
– Overall investment and industry knowledge
– Comfortable presenting to groups and individuals
– Client management experience
– Sales experience
Employee Location – Hybrid:
This role will be a hybrid work from home and in office role in our Newton, MA location. We believe in the efficiencies of the work from home model as well as the team building, learning and camaraderie you get with the in-office experience.
Equality is a Core Value at Sapers & Wallack:
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Together, we believe businesses can be powerful platforms for social change. As a third-generation woman led company, we know that a diverse team will lead to more innovative ideas and position our workplace and surrounding community for success.
Sapers & Wallack is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law.
What Benefits Do We Offer?
We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home and provide our illustrious team with benefits in the following areas: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependant Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, 401(k) Pre-tax and Roth Plans, 401(k) Profit Sharing Contributions, Employee Assistance Programs, Education Development, Financial Wellness Programs, Incentive Bonuses, Paid Time Off and more!
About Sapers & Wallack
Sapers & Wallack is a comprehensive wealth management, benefits and insurance services firm that has been delivering innovative, cost-effective solutions to clients since 1932. With over 80 years of experience, stability, and growth, Fortune 500 corporations, non-profits, venture-backed and private equity portfolio companies, family-owned businesses, and individuals alike appreciate the company’s ability to deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions through a thoughtful, customized consultative approach. Now stewarded by the third generation of founding families, this boutique firm is looking for continued growth as they expand and solidify their reputation as the leading financial and benefits advisor to business and high net worth individuals in the New England Market.