In recent days and weeks we have received many questions and concerns about the ever shifting new reality for businesses.
We decided to arrange for a Town Hall Meeting for our Sapers & Wallack / Hilb Group family and friends to share and address these questions. We pulled together experts from our network who were gracious enough to make themselves available to help you make more sense of this time.
The meeting was moderated by Aviva Sapers, President and CEO of Sapers & Wallack.
Please view the video of the meeting below.
Q & A
Group Benefits Questions
- What is the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)?
- How do leaves intersect & coordinate between FMLA and Emergency Paid Sick Leave?
- How do the tax credits for reimbursing qualified sick & COVID-19 related family leaves work?
- Can employees use Emergency Sick or COVID-19 related personal leave intermittently?
- How does FFCRA leaves interact with state and private sick/ disability leaves?
New Small Business Association Paycheck Protection Program Questions
- What is the Paycheck Protection Program loan that companies can apply for?
- Who qualifies for it?
- How much of a loan are you able to apply for?
- What portion is forgivable by the government?
- What is the process to apply for this government incentive?
- When can companies expect to start receiving some aid?
- What other information should we know about it?
Corporate Retirement Plans Questions
- What action steps do Plan Sponsors have to take to implement the CARES Act participant distribution requests?
- How does the CARES Act impact retirement plan participants?
- What “Strategies for Success” can organizations implement to help manage questions from employees?
- What ideas can we utilize to enable plan sponsors to fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities and embrace best practices?
- Are plan sponsors able to suspending employer contributions as a means to preserve cash flow?
- What are the ways participants can gain access to money in their retirement plan for relief